Herbal teas provide a wealth of tranquility in a topsy turvy world. An aromatic cup of herbal tea can soothe the overwhelmed, relax the overworked and satisfy the most discerning tastebuds. Herbal tea blends allow us a few moments of quiet satisfaction grounded in thousands of years of tradition and provide a rich sensory experience amid the tumult of our hectic contemporary lives. At Herbalitea we offer only the highest quality herbal teas to sate body and mind. Refreshing and soothing our herbal teas are the kind of all natural beverage that can be consumed at any time of the day by practically everyone.
Herbalitea Herbal Tea Blends in Richmond Hill
At Herbalitea our respect for healing plants and flowers runs deep and is acutely felt in the precision with which we blend our herbal teas. We have an equally deep and abiding interest in making sure these natural gifts are offered at reasonable prices so that they may be enjoyed and appreciated by as many as possible. Our herbal tea blends include:
- Black Tea – Black tea is typically stronger in flavour than other, less oxidized teas like oolong, white and green teas. In China, Korea and Japan black tea is known as ‘red tea’, a name derived from the colour of the brewed liquid itself. Black tea is able to retain its flavour for years and for this reason was long a staple commodity in trade among the peoples of Northern Asia. Today black tea accounts for more than 90% of tea sold in the West.
- Chai – Chai, as it is commonly known in the West today, indicates a blend of tea whose origins are typically Indian (Masala Chai or ‘spice tea’) and that combines black tea with a range of spices including ground ginger, ground cloves, cardamom pods, black peppercorn and various concentrates.
- Green Tea – Green tea is made from the non-oxidized leaves of the Camellia Sinensis. Green tea traces its origins to China although production long ago spread far beyond the boundaries of the Middle Kingdom into the surrounding countries of Asia. Green tea is used today to help treat everything from blood sugar issues to cancer.
- Oolong Tea – Oolong is made from putting the same leaves used to make green tea through a withering and twisting process. The flavour of oolong can vary quite considerably from thick and woody to fresh and aromatic or even sweet and fruity. Chinese healers have long appreciated the antioxidant qualities of oolong.
- White Tea – The term ‘white tea’ generally refers to either the young or only lightly processed leaves of the C Sinensis plant. White tea has a flavour that is generally lighter in character than black tea and is today harvested in a wide swath of Asia from Fujian province in China through India, Sri Lanka and Thailand.
We’re dedicated to providing the highest quality herbal teas to our customers throughout the GTA. We hope you will join us on a journey of experience as we continue to explore and promote the health sustaining properties of our herbal tea blends.