Herbal teas are more than just traditional beverages to relax with while enjoying the company of a good book. They have myriad health benefits as well, from helping you sleep better to relieving stress to possibly increasing your body’s ability to fight off disease. It all sounds too good to be true and for centuries most people were willing to discard the health claims made about herbal tea and simply enjoy it for its flavour and aromatic qualities. In recent years however, medical research into the health claims made about herbal tea have yielded results that have surprised many, although not those of us at Herbalitea.
Some of the Many Reasons to Drink Herbal Teas for Health in Richmond Hill
For many centuries traditional cultures have been well aware of the health benefits of herbal tea. Our modern, sceptical culture however has usually disregarded such claims. This attitude has begun to change in recent years as more evidence both circumstantial and empirical has come to the fore regarding the wisdom of drinking herbal teas for health. Some of the benefits of herbal teas that are becoming increasingly difficult to deny include its ability to:
- Improve cardiovascular health – The august and widely respected Harvard Medical School has chimed in on the subject of tea and cardiovascular health and concluded that drinking several cups of green tea a day could actually lower your risk of both heart attack and stroke.
- Increase endurance – Researchers have discovered that the antioxidants in many types of green tea enhance your body’s ability to burn fat. This in turn provides greater endurance during workouts and can assist in your efforts to control your weight.
- Help the body process sugar – Those with type 2 diabetes often struggle to maintain an acceptable blood sugar level. Research indicates that herbal tea may help stabilize blood sugar, which won’t cure diabetes but may lift some of the burden from sufferers.
- Possibly help ward off some forms of cancer – The mechanisms that lead to many types of cancer are still mysterious however researchers have discovered that drinking herbal teas for health purposes may actually help stave off the development of breast, colon, stomach, prostate and other forms of the disease.
- Reduce the adverse effect of UV rays – People who drink herbal teas seem to have a greater ability to withstand the sun’s harmful UV rays. This is not to say that you don’t need sunscreen but that if you drink herbal teas you may recover from a sunburn quicker.
- Reduce the risk of developing Parkinson’s – Studies have suggested that herbal teas may in fact help reduce a person’s risk of developing Parkinson’s disease.
Enjoy Herbal Teas and Enjoy Better Health
At Herbalitea we’ve long been aware of the ability of herbal teas to aid in the maintenance of good health and we’re genuinely glad to see some of our more sceptical neighbours coming around. If you’re seeking a delightful, simple, enjoyable way to put yourself on the road to more robust health consider the many obvious and subtle benefits of drinking Herbalitea herbal teas for health in Richmond Hill.